1. From where do we collect your personal data?
We may collect personal data from you when you make a purchase on our website, correspond with us by post, e-mail or telephone, create an account for the subscription service on our website or request information from us.
2. What information do we collect?
The categories of personal data about you that we may collect, store and use include:
- General information and contact details, such as name, gender, phone number, e-mail address, address and other contact details;
- Financial information, such as bank information, credit information and payment history;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, user account details to our subscription service, correspondence data when contact customer service and other communication/subscription preferences;
- Technical data, such as IP address, your login data, browser type and version, device type;
- Usage data, such as information about your activities on our website;
- Other personal data that we voluntarily receive from you.
3. How do we use your personal data?
Penn&Ink N.Y processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administer and fulfil our contractual and legal obligations to you or the company you represent;
- Comply with our legal and reporting obligations, such as warranty claims, book keeping regulations and reporting to tax authorities as well as other supervisory authorities;
- Respond to your inquiries and requests;
Penn&Ink N.Y also processes your personal data based on our interests to:
- Provide you with marketing communications and other publications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you such as general information and newsletters;
- Use data analytics to study how visitors use our website and to improve our website;
- Manage everyday business needs.
4. To whom do we disclose your personal data?
Penn&Ink N.Y does not sell your data to third parties and will only provide data if this is necessary for the implementation of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. Your personal data may be shared with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe sharing is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
5. How do we protect your information?
We will take adequate security measures to prevent any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your personal information. We have taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Security software such as a virus scanner and firewall;
- TLS (formerly SSL): we send your data via a secure internet connection;
- Our computers are protected with a strong password;
6. How long do we save your personal data?
We will only save your personal data as long as necessary in order for us to achieve the purpose it was collected for or as required in order to comply with any mandatory retention periods under applicable law.
Most browsers allow you to manage cookies via browser settings. E.g. you may choose to block cookies in order to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, delete existing cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or disable cookies.
Please note that by restricting cookies you might not be able to access everything on our website since some of the functionalities of our website depend on cookies.
8. What are your rights?
- Right to access your data: you may instruct us to provide you a copy of the personal information we saved;
- Correction, deletion and objection: you may request us to correct any incorrect information we have about you as well as to delete any information that is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected and/or to object to our processing of your personal data. However, certain legal obligations may prevent us from immediately deleting certain information;
- Recall your consent: if we process any of your personal data based on your consent, you may recall your consent at any time;
- Marketing purposes: you may instruct us to not process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can manage your subscriptions by logging into your user account on our website or instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
9. Policy amendments
The rules concerning the protection of personal data could change. We therefore have the right to make changes to this privacy statement. Therefore, check this statement regularly.